Monday, January 25, 2010

Off to Aramasí, for GOOD

25 January

This morning was the planning meeting for February in Aramasí, and I got to present my project plan (tentative, but a start). The administration is ready to have me out in Aramasí, doing what I've come to do. So any plan I proposed would have been fine with them, as long as I'm under José's supervision. José is the agronomist and irrigation tecnition who will be my advisor/tutor/boss. I've been out twice now with the intention of staying, but both times I was sent home because José was not around. He just had a son and his wife has been a little frail. Understandable.

In 5 minutes I've gotta get to work here at Casablanca, which is pretty packed for a Monday.

But tomorrow morning I'm taking a few trufis (trufi stands for Transporte RUta FIjada) to Quillacollo, about 12 km. outside of Cochabamba where I'll meet José and drive 2 hours on mountain dirt roads to Aramasí. My schedule, I learned this morning is Monday morning through Friday afternoon, so I'll still be in Cochabamba every weekend, if I want to come back.

Well, that was 5 minutes. To the right is Casablanca's owner and a friend playing chess. Chess happens a lot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment